I write short and full-length plays that dig into race and relationships, usually with some kind of speculative element or surreal twist. Interested in producing any of these works? Drop a line.
A young aspiring actress and an older fading star compete for a new skin at a traveling carnival. 10-minute play. (2 F, 1 M)
- Premiered Oct. 2017 at the Slate Theater in Seattle for Funhouse II.
Red Letter Day
Set in a Martian colony, a woman must wear a scarlet “A” and face the consequences in a public trial for “abstaining” from her preacher husband. 10-minute play. (1 F, 3 M)
- Premiered Sept. 2017 in NYC for the Navigators Theater 3rd Annual Lift-Off New Play Series.
When Robots Cook Chitlins
A stubborn widower has a hard time fixing a soul food dinner with his new caregiver. 10-minute play. (1 M, 1 Neutral)
- Premiered Aug. 2017 at Mordecai Historic Park in Raleigh, NC for the MOJOAA Reclamation Series.
A mad scientist plans to use a time machine to stop a man from getting shot by a cop. Monologue. (1 Neutral)
- Premiered June 2016 at The Queensbury Theatre in Houston for the Fade to Black festival.
Watch Anthony August’s electrifying performance on Facebook.
[Warning: Strong Language]
A couple’s marriage gets tested when the wife buys a smart chair that satisfies all of her needs. 10-minute play. (1 M, 1 F)
- Premiered Aug. 2016 at The Producers’ Club, Grand Theater in NYC for the Navigators Theater 2nd Annual Lift-Off New Play Series.